Detailed Job Description / Requirements:-
Job purpose: To carry out and improve upon Purnaa’s sewing production skill training systems both introductory training and ongoing training, to ensure continuous skill improvement of Purnaa production, sampling, and QC staff; to provide leadership for other skill trainers and to transfer teaching/planning skills to Purnaa staff to continue this work into the future.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Create a skills training program and all materials and records needed including
Cutting Track, Sewing Track, Packing, QC Track, Sampling Track, Trainer Track
Machine Maintenance for appropriate people,
Work toward digitizing most skill training information and materials, as well as having a hard copy available to Purnaa skill trainers
Work with a translator to make all skill training documents and materials bilingual
Support and train Purnaa’s Production Skill Trainers in conducting the training program
Includes: Production Floor Manager and Assistant Manager, Sewing Team Leaders, Sample Team Leader, QC Team Leader, Cutting Team Leader
Monitor Purnaa’s skill training efforts and accomplishments, report via KPI & Milestone reports
Special Project: Research and recommend ways to improve manufacturing capacity and efficiency. Share with appropriate department head and help make implementation plans.
Special Projects: Research how to measure manufacturing skill level that can be tied to compensation. Share with appropriate department head and help make implementation plans.
Additional Responsibilities as an Expert at Purnaa:
Train company staff in pattern-making, ensuring company uses latest technology solution and processes.
Ensure company manufacturing process follows global standards for efficiency and quality
Develop curriculum for training future design, sampling, and production staff at company and teach company trainers to implement the curriculum.
Main Skill Requirement:-
- Must have worked at least 10 years as a Garment Technical Trainer or Consultant; work abroad and work with social enterprises preferred.
- Demonstrated experience establishing production lines and training staff to implement new production techniques
- Demonstrated experience creating training curriculum and systems to increase production capacity and quality
- Must have an expert understanding of design, pattern-making, sampling, cutting and sewing on industrial machines
- Needs experience in coaching, mentoring and teaching in the garment manufacturing sector.
- Must have excellent written and spoken English to communicate with international team